Healthcare Estates 2021 took place in Manchester Central in October, with the live event taking place over two days (19 & 20 October) and online over five days (18 – 22 October).
The event attracted an audience in excess of 2,500 with 1,884 visiting the live event in Manchester over the two days.
Held at Manchester Central, located in the heart of the city, Healthcare Estates is the UK’s Largest Event for Healthcare Estates, Engineers & FM Professionals. It is the only national conference and exhibition to bring together those who design, build manage and maintain healthcare facilities.
Healthcare Estates’ visitors represent all areas of the procurement chain with the exhibition providing a unique marketplace for decision-makers and specifiers in the health sector. It offers exhibitors access to a truly focused audience who have a vested interest in products and services that are tailored to these unique environments and as the leading event in the UK for this sector, it’s a key occasion for many to aid their planning and purchasing decisions each year.
The exhibition this year featured over 180 exhibiting companies offering expertise in key areas dealing with the fabric of healthcare buildings; free-to-attend theatres and zones on the exhibition floor, these are focussed on Facilities Management; Energy & Sustainability; Engineering & Compliance; Design & Construction, Water Management & Infection Prevention.
The event also features a multi-stream conference and awards dinner attracting key decision makers from the sector.
This year’s event once again saw representatives from across the healthcare sector, these included by Organisation Type:
NHS Trusts; NHS Foundation Trust; Construction/ Building Company; Engineering; Manufacturer; Architectural/ Design Practice; Medical Devices; Property and Real Estate; Medical Gas Services; HVAC; Infection control/decontamination; Private Healthcare; Legionella Control; Architects for Health; Water Treatment; Energy & Sustainability; Mental Health NHS Trust; Fire Safety; Legal; NHS SBS; NHS England; Department of Health; Professional Engineering Institute; Security; University; Procure22; Funding Clinical Commissioning Group; Commissioning for Quality & Innovation; Commissioning Support Unit
Visitors and delegates responsible for running and maintaining some of the biggest estates in the NHS and private sector attend Healthcare Estates in Manchester to learn about the latest innovations in key areas of the healthcare estate. The map below illustrates the location of attendees to the live event, indicating the spread of attendance from across the UK.
Visitors to the ‘live’ event were full of praise for the event, while digital viewers also enjoyed the experience.
- good event, easy to meet people, liked the hybrid approach
- Very good Look forward to next year
- An excellent two days at the live event supported by the online presentations
- Excellent show
- Post Covid event was as good as I expected. I imagine next year will be back to a full on site event. This I prefer. Network and educational still good.
- Good positive experience especially after Covid which seemed to be quite well attended.
- Genuinely enjoyed – it was quiet but that was nice.
- Online conference worked well. The ability to view on ‘catch-up’ is great.
- Entire event was good, easy flow around the venue to visit stands and discuss with exhibitors. All in all a good conference, excellent networking opportunities and will certainly be attending next year
- Enjoyed the opportunity to return to “normal” after COVID lockdown constraints
- Good experience made some good contacts.
- Very good really enjoyed meeting old colleagues and new alike. Always a good exhibition.
- Great event can’t wait for next year
- Very interesting and enjoyable
Exhibitors were also full of praise for the event, many already reserving their place at the 2022 event.
– I believe that this event is “the” event to attend for the estates sector – Steve Anderson, Karl Storz
– “Well organised, a first event for us after Covid and a really good couple of days – Andrew Nicholls, HSL
– Healthcare estates is now the single most important conference for estates and construction personnel in the UK, and gets stronger each year – Mark Yates, 10 Architect
– Excellent, well-worth the visit – Malcolm Atherton, SoPHE
– 2021 saw plenty of time for participants to engage in the exhibition with the conference being virtual. Attendees seemed more relaxed as a direct result – Casey Wells, Trend Controls
– A good event – Andrew Carnegie, Air Sentry
Further innovations and improvements are promised over the coming months for the 2022 event. With a new venue for the dinner, a larger exhibition, Healthcare Estates is the premier event for all trusts and the estates and facilities teams.
Next year Healthcare Estates in 2022 will again take place in the centre of Manchester at Manchester Central the dates are 4 – 5 October. For enquiries about how to exhibit or visit contact the team on email@example.com (change to firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Jay or Matt on 01892 518877