Asset Optimisation: Exploring the Opportunities for NHS Trusts Not Captured Within the New Hospital Programme?
Time: 4:55 pm - 5:15 pm
Date: 4.10.22 PM
With the NHS facing financial challenges while being required to consistently improve patient safety and care, it needs to take action at all levels to maintain its estates and facilities to a standard required by law and expected by regulatory bodies and the general public.
The NHS estate is vast complex and varied, conditions range from world-class, state of-of-the-art facilities to old Victorian hospitals that are no longer fit for purpose. The backlog of maintenance costs are increasing year on year almost equalling the operating costs of nearly £10bn.
Much of the estate requires significant and costly refurbishment or reconfiguration to remain safe and suitable for modern patient care.
Phil Bishop, Healthcare Property Director at Capita will explore how the NHS can overcome these challenges focusing on the following key learning points in his presentation:
• The opportunities for NHS Trusts not captured within the New Hospital Programme.
• The untapped potential for increased occupation of NHS sites from both health services and other uses such as housing, which can be unlocked to build healthier communities.
• Strategic asset optimisation and identifying innovative opportunities to increase the value of the assets the NHS own and manage and reimagining sites to help the NHS get the most from its estate – clinically, financially and socially.
• Using asset portfolios linked to how to work collaboratively across the public sector to match needs with opportunities and unlock solutions through a social infrastructure bond .
• How to maximum value, generated from the sale and development of NHS land, delivering new healthcare environments for excellent patient care and generating income to reinvest in clinical care or into the wider estate.
- Phil Bishop Property Director for Health - Capita