. Cheshire and Mersyside Health Care Partnership Social Value Charter and Anchor journey
Time: 2:30 pm - 2:50 pm
Date: 5.10.22 PM
The HCPs approach to sustainability, is a collaborative approach to ensure the principles of sustainability and social value are embedded across the Partnership.
• As a social value accelerator site, C&M are keen to harness the positives that came as a result of COVID and build back better, reducing reliance on the healthcare, and wider public services, by putting sustainability principles at the heart of all decision-making processes.
• The aim is to deliver an ethical framework of behaviours, resulting in long term behavioural changes as to how people use and view the NHS, and wider public sector Through working with colleagues across the Partnership we are aiming to ensure behavioural change can occur and people can change the way they currently access NHS (and wider) services and see an increase in community resilience.
• Our Social Value Charter launched in 2019, since then 35 organisations across Cheshire and Merseyside have signed up to the Charter. The Charter describes our local vision and principles for maximising the potential of social value locally, our principles include building on the strengths of people and our communities, enabling people to live a ‘valued and dignified life’.
• Working together across sectors to achieve social value outcomes, foster innovation and reduce avoidable inequalities linked to the Marmot Principles: Protecting health and social care services for future generations; Giving a voice to local communities; Social Value will be embedded as core practice, behaviours and the way that we operate.
• The ICS is working with partners and the public to establish an Anchor Institute Charter with an agreed set of principles, anchored in local communities, for organisations across the region to adopt. The charter will be reflective of local needs and determine the organisational behaviour required to deliver them.
- Becky Jones Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability - Cheshire and Merseyside Health Care Partnership