Councillor Tracey Rawlins
Executive Member for Environment & Transport
Manchester City Council
- Lived in Manchester for 30 years.
- I got involved in local issues in Wythenshawe through the Regeneration that took place mid 90’s, volunteering at my local toddler group and building up my confidence and experience through the opportunities that the development of Sure Start programmes provided.
- I took my first paid role in 2000 with Barnardo’s and have had a number of posts in the voluntary sector and trustee roles. I’ve run grant programmes, worked as Volunteer Co-ordinator, a Programme Manager, an Assistant Director and a Community Development Worker.
- My Christian faith is very important to me, as is social justice and fairtrade hence being a Labour and Co-operative Councillor.
- I am passionate about accessibility, equalities and inclusion which is very much based upon my own lived experiences as a disabled woman.
- First elected as Councillor for Baguley in January 2010. I have served as a Member and then Chair of Communities Scrutiny Committee, and as Lead Member for disabled people for many years up to May 2021